Ski tours on the Ronachkopf
An inside tip for ski tourers
An early morning look out the window will tell you right away: It’s time to put your touring skis on. With the weather in the Zell am See-Kaprun region presenting itself from its best side again, it’s high time for a ski tour on the Ronachkopf!
Facts about the ski-touring mountain in Thumersbach
- length: 2.5 km
- elevation gain: 500 m
- snow grooming: if needed
- duration of the ascent: approx. 1 to 1.5 hours
- suitable for: beginners and advanced ski tourers
- opportunity for a break: Enzian hut at 1,260 m
- event tip: the Ronachkopf Ski-Touring Challenge
- opening hours: depending on snow conditions from the beginning of December to mid-April; guaranteed descent in the snow all the way down into the valley until spring
History of the ski-touring mountain
Until its shutdown in 1998, the Ronachkopf in Thumersbach was a popular mountain for skiing among locals as well as holiday guests. In 2014, the mountain was reopened as a ski-touring mountain. It offers ski tourers the possibility to practice their sport away from the slopes.
Going ski touring one day. Skiing down the slopes of the Schmittenhöhe the next. And exploring the wintry hiking trials of Zell’s landmark mountain on yet another day. Whether it’s for a day trip, a weekend or a holiday. For families or for pleasure-seekers. The Schmitten is the perfect destination for all those who want to add some variety to their leisure time!