Schmittenhöhe ski resort
A winter sports paradise in the Salzburger Land region
Leisurely skier or speed fan. Casual rider or passionate snowboarder. For the first attempts on skies or for jumps at the Snowpark. The Schmittenhöhe ski resort offers countless activities for every taste!
Schmittenhöhe ski resort at a glance
- 77 kilometres of slopes: 30 kilometres of blue, 28 kilometres of red and 19 kilometres of black slopes
- 28 facilities and lifts, 6 cable car shuttles: trassXpress, areitXpress, cityXPress, zellamseeXpress, Sonnenalmbahn and Schmittenhöhebahn cable cars
- ski resort entry points: in Schüttdorf (areitXpress), Zell am See (cityXpress, trassXpress, Schmittenhöhebahn and Sonnenalmbahn cable cars) and in Viehhofen (zellamseeXpress)
- culinary hotspots: 23 huts, bars and restaurants to take a break at
- event highlights: plenty of events make the winter season even more diverse
The Schmittenhöhe – the “sun child” of the Alps
The ski resort of Zell am See lies right at the heart of the Salzburger Land region – on the sunny side of Austria. Facing south, the Schmitten gets plenty of hours of sunlight throughout the entire winter season.
Be it while skiing on the perfectly groomed slopes or while relaxing on the sun deck of one of the huts and restaurants: If you’re spending your ski holiday on the Schmittenhöhe, you’re always looking on the bright and sunny side of life! Add to that the unique view of Lake Zell and the panorama of the surrounding three-thousand-metre mountains. Because you can catch a glimpse of all 30 from Zell’s landmark mountain!
As you can see: The Schmitten provides all the reason to be called the “Balcony of the Hohe Tauern range”.
Skiing with a view of Lake Zell
Slopes and facilities at Schmitten ski resort
Winter sports fans can look forward to 77 kilometres of slopes each year. They’re all perfectly groomed and ready to be conquered. Add to that 28 facilities – among them the cable cars, lifts and tow lifts that ensure you can move around swiftly up on the mountain. That leaves you with even more time to enjoy the slopes of the Schmitten …
You’re in the mood to go skiing now? Have a look at the opening hours of the slopes and facilities and start getting excited about your next ski day up on the Schmittenhöhe in Zell am See.
If you’re already counting down the hours to your first few turns on the slopes, here’s a tip for you: In the online ticket shop, you can purchase season tickets, day and multi-day tickets – quickly and easily. That’s how you can hit the slopes of the Schmitten even faster!
As you see: The Schmitten ski resort is perfect for all those looking for variety on their ski holiday or ski day and who want to ski on the sunny side of Austria!