With dogs on the Schmittenhöhe
Prices, information and rules of conduct
You would like to enjoy all adventures with your four-legged companion? Then the Schmitten is the right place for you. We look forward to welcoming you and your dog. Here you can find out all the important information about a trip to the Schmitten with your loyal companion.
Please purchase an own ticket for your dog at the cash desk before the cable car ride (also necessary for owner of the Zell am See-Kaprun summer card or the ALPIN CARDS 365 Action, 365 Classic or Hike).
Swipe for more details
|Summer 2022||per dog|
(valid on the Schmittenhöhe)
(valid in Zell am See-Kaprun)
(valid in the ALPIN CARD regions)
10 for a safe holiday around cattle
Please note the following rules of conduct:
- Avoid contact with grazing animals. Do not feed the animals, maintain a safe distance at all times!
- Try not to be loud. Do not startle cattle!
- Mother cows protect their calves. Avoid cows with calves, especially if you have a dog with you!
- Always keep dogs under control and on a short leash. If it becomes clear that a cow is going to attack: Let your dog off the leash immediately!
- Do not stray from the path!
- If cattle block your path give them the widest berth you can!
- If a cow approaches you: stay calm, don't turn your back on the animal and give it a wide berth!
- At the first sign of the animals seeming unsettled, remain calm and leave the area quickly!
- Respect fences! If there is a gate, please use it an close it afterwards, then cross the meadow swiftly!
- Treat the people who work here, the contryside and the animals with respect!